Re: [using gcc book] 5.25 declaring attributes of functions

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Chris Devers wrote:
> > That second sentence reads clumsily. I'm thinking of this change:
> >
> >     Many functions do not examine any values except their
> >     arguments, and have no effects except the return value.
> >     This case is slightly more strict than the @code{pure}
> >     attribute above, since the function is not allowed to read
> >     global memory.
> >
> > Any objections to this change?
>
> This looks fine!

Great, thanks. Most of the edits I've been making have been of this
nature.

> Are you going to submit patches for these changes (either just one, or
> two, against the 3.3-branch and mainline)?

Yes, of course I'll be submitting patches, and they might as well be
against current documentation versions. The most familiar thing for me to
do would be to run diff, but the format of the patches I've seen on this
list look more like RCS diff files. Would rcsdiff output be preferred?

--
Chris Devers    cdevers@pobox.com

aibophobia, n.
The fear of palindromes.

    -- from _The Computer Contradictionary_, Stan Kelly-Bootle, 1995