This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is this meant to compile?
- From: Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot dot org>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:22:49 -0500 (CDT)
- Subject: Re: Is this meant to compile?
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > 2003-08-20-PrototypeMismatch.c:7: error: conflicting types for 'foo'
> > 2003-08-20-PrototypeMismatch.c:3: error: previous declaration of 'foo'
> > Is this desired behavior?
> Yes. In old-style function definitions, any argument narrower than an
> 'int' gets promoted to 'int'. (This is not the same as the widening
> required by some ABIs for such arguments, which is transparent to the
Ugh, ok... thanks!