This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Virus rejects on bug-gcc and help-gcc
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jbuck at synopsys dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 03 13:33:14 EDT
- Subject: Re: Virus rejects on bug-gcc and help-gcc
I'm getting huge numbers of these too. What's going on is that
someone who uses a Microsoft OS to read mail has gcc@gcc.gnu.org in
his address book, and is infected, so his/her system is spewing out
massive mails everywhere with forged headers claiming to be from
gcc@gcc.gnu.org. The same has happened to me: someone or more than
one someone is spewing out virus mails that claim to be from me.
Actually, I'm getting much more via the bug-gcc and help-gcc list than
the gcc list itself, which is why I sent my message. It shouldn't
be hard to filter these out.