This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Expenses of unit-at-a-time
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>, Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:17:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: Expenses of unit-at-a-time
There is a good testcase for enabling unit-at-a-time all the time in
the bugzilla: PR 9805.
The speedup is 20x which is impressive.
Mostly not expanding the functions to rtl causes this speed up.