This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fldcw, rounding and optimizations
- From: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU>
- To: "Loisel, Sebastien" <loisel at amazon dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, gcc at gnu dot org, loisel at math dot mcgill dot ca
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:48:01 +1000
- Subject: Re: Fldcw, rounding and optimizations
- References: <F86C00264102F24B80D4BD792CB1C5C40452C762@ex-mail-02.ant.amazon.com>
On 14-Aug-2003, Loisel, Sebastien <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the information. I see that PR 576 is suspended, what does
> that mean?
If you click on "Status" on the bugzilla page,
then you get an explanation of the different states.
Here's what it says:
| Work on the problem has been postponed. This happens if a timely
| solution is not possible or is not cost-effective at the present time.
| The PR continues to exist, though a solution is not being actively
| sought. [...]
> I guess it won't be fixed in the foreseeable future?
Personally, I think it is likely that this will be fixed some
time in the next 20 years. Maybe sooner if you fix it ;-)
Fergus Henderson <email@example.com> | "I have always known that the pursuit
The University of Melbourne | of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.