This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Problems building fortran (gmp) with latest cvs-version
- From: lsjoberg at aland dot net (Linus Sjöberg)
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: paul at nowt dot org
- Date: 04 Aug 2003 10:42:53 +0300
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Problems building fortran (gmp) with latest cvs-version
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><20030728205836.GB7656@disaster.jaj.com><0CF5AC4C-C143-11D7-8024-000A95A34564@dberlin.org>
Daniel Berlin <email@example.com> writes:
> On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 4:58 PM, Phil Edwards wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:52:19PM +0200, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> >> gfortran cannot find GMP because there is no autoconf test for it. We
> >> just didn't know how to write one. There's beer for the autoconf guru
> >> who can help us with this nastiness...
> > I don't claim to be an autoconf guru, but... beer and autoconf?
> > Sign me up.
> Oh great.
> autoconf isn't bad enough, now we want to program it while drunk.
There seems to have been some work performed on this since toplevel
configure tries to find libgmp, however, it still fails since it finds
the old version in /usr/include and bombs with
checking for correct version of gmp.h... configure: error: gmp version 3.0 or later is required
Is this something that should be fixed automagically when building on
FreeBSD-systems or should it be up to the user to specify the location