Re: [tree-ssa] Problems building fortran (gmp) with latest cvs-version

On Monday 04 August 2003 8:42 am, Linus Sjöberg wrote:
> There seems to have been some work performed on this since toplevel
> configure tries to find libgmp, however, it still fails since it finds
> the old version in /usr/include and bombs with
> checking for correct version of gmp.h... configure: error: gmp version
> 3.0 or later is required
>
> Is this something that should be fixed automagically when building on
> FreeBSD-systems or should it be up to the user to specify the location
> using --with-gmp=/usr/local/?

I  think it's up to the user to supply --with-gmp=/usr/local if the default
one is too old. Presumably FreeBSD won't be stuck with an ancient system
GMP for ever:)

The automaigical solution is to include gmp (or the bits of it we need) in
the gcc tree, like we do with zlib. I'm not sure that's such a good idea
though.

Paul