Re: [autoconf-conversion] Re: Toplevel configury, multilibs, new autoconf versions

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:29:42AM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> > My local-changes tree happens to be a unified one, and I didn't have any
> > problem with the faked multilib build (for whatever that's worth).
>
> That's good, but I think CC should be preserved too.

Actually, I think I /want/ $CC to break in libstdc++-v3.  It'll be a
warning flag, since it shouldn't be used.

(Right now, we use it twice, but only the driver, not the actual compiler,
and I'll be changing it to use $CXX instead.)

> You might multilib on -mrtd or -mregparm=3 if you're building for x86, which
> will definitely break things if they go wrong.  That's much less faked and,
> to some extent, it might even be useful (but not in an unified tree, as it
> will interact with assembly language files in newlib and BTW also in
> libffi -- so no Java as well).

Actually, we've got a couple of sparc tests going now, which are multilibbed
for real.

> > > Also, did you do this by modifying the configure script manually or by
> > > overriding an Autoconf macro definition?
> >
> > The latter.
>
> Which is great.

Absolutely.  I'm crazy, but I'm not insane.  :-)