This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: cache misses in gcc 3.3


Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> 
> Tim Josling <tej@melbpc.org.au> writes:
> 
> | How about:
> |
> | Parsing/tree building: nnn.n
> |
> | If agreeable I will submit a patch in due course.
> 
> I would prefer a separate entry for tree building.
> 
> -- Gaby

So would I - but there would be hundreds of thousands of calls out of the
parse; to wrap these in timvar would be prohibitive. One approach I thought of
could be to do sampling by setting regular interrupts based on timeouts and
check if the IP pointed into bison (i.e. a kind of poor man's gprof), however
it would be difficult to do this portably.

Tim Josling


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]