Re: It's target deprecation season again!

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 04:05:08PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:

 > arm*-*-netbsd*aout*  # submit your elf port already!

Krister Walfridsson still occasionally sends testsuite results for this
target, and the last NetBSD ARM a.out release (1.5 branch) is not EOL'd
yet, so please don't put this on the list.

Regarding the ELF port ... "I'm working on it."  But GCC has to support
the ABI that NetBSD uses, and folding in all those changes is taking
longer than I'd expected (there's only a few left, thankfully...)

 > ns32k-*-netbsd*aout*  # submit your elf port already!

Please don't put this one on the list.  In order to submit the ELF port,
we need to sit down and define the ELF ABI for ns32k.  We should be able
to essentially just copy elf32-vax and tweak it, but this all takes time.
In the mean time, the a.out target works, and is in-use by at least 2 PC532
owners (3, as soon as I can get mine back in a case :-)