Re: [GCC] removal from web archive of mailing list??? please?

Matthew J Waller <mwaller@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> writes:

> Nowhere does it say #anything you send to these addresses will be
> published automatically, verbatim, you should consider the consequences
> first#

> I guess I was naive, but I just didn't realise that that these /email
> addresses/ were *mailing* *lists*, and that all the warnings on
> http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html apply, that this mailing list is *web
> published*, not just sent to a select group of subscribers.

I think it's a good point that the page footer doesn't note that
gcc@gcc.gnu.org is a mailing list.  Apart from the spam and archive
issues, an address that turns out to be a mailing list can be surprising
for various other reasons.  People may make comments that they don't mean
to make public, someone may potentially send proprietary information to
the address, etc.

None of that is really anyone's fault per se, but a small warning that
gcc@gcc.gnu.org is a mailing list wouldn't seem out of place to me.