This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: in memorial to the autobuild regression checker
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, bkoz at redhat dot com, shebs at apple dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:44:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: in memorial to the autobuild regression checker
- References: <200210050114.VAA20706@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:14:08PM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > > Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > >
> > > A moment of silence, please.
> > >
> > > As of today, there has been no auto-magic regression testing for a
> > > month.
> We should put the necessary scripts in the contrib directory, add
> idiot proof instructions and call for volunteers to provide native and
> simulator auto-cron builds. We can have a signup page to avoid
Some of the scripts are in contrib/regression already, at least the build
What's missing (in addition to idiotproof instructions, although the script
is well-commented) are the scripts that parse apart the ChangeLog to see
who changed what, and send the email.
I already have an autocrasher that mails to the testsuite list. What I
don't have are (a) the email nagging scripts for the regression list
(and developers), and (b) enough spare cycles to run it continually.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002