Re: in memorial to the autobuild regression checker

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:14:08PM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
>  >  > Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  > A moment of silence, please.
>  >  >
>  >  > As of today, there has been no auto-magic regression testing for a
>  >  > month.

*silence*

> We should put the necessary scripts in the contrib directory, add
> idiot proof instructions and call for volunteers to provide native and
> simulator auto-cron builds.  We can have a signup page to avoid
> duplicates.

Some of the scripts are in contrib/regression already, at least the build
scripts are.

What's missing (in addition to idiotproof instructions, although the script
is well-commented) are the scripts that parse apart the ChangeLog to see
who changed what, and send the email.

I already have an autocrasher that mails to the testsuite list.  What I
don't have are (a) the email nagging scripts for the regression list
(and developers), and (b) enough spare cycles to run it continually.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002