This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
please be aware of the versioning on the C++ compiler
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: jason at redhat dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:03:08 -0700
- Subject: please be aware of the versioning on the C++ compiler
- Organization: Red Hat / San Francisco
Hey y'all. Recently patches went in to address some C++ ABI issues.
In the future, may I suggest that the following happen:
1) you add "C++ ABI change" to the ChangeLog entry.
2) you add notes to cp/NEWS for ABI breaks
3) you add a testsuite entry
4) you update __GXX_ABI_VERSION
5) you run 'make check-abi' in libstdc++-v3 in addition to make-check
6) if 5 breaks update the libstdc++.so
I don't consider this outlandish. Do you?