This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: please be aware of the versioning on the C++ compiler
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 06:36:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: please be aware of the versioning on the C++ compiler
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:03:08 -0700, Benjamin Kosnik <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hey y'all. Recently patches went in to address some C++ ABI issues.
> For gcc:
> For gcc-3_2-branch:
> In the future, may I suggest that the following happen:
> 1) you add "C++ ABI change" to the ChangeLog entry.
> 2) you add notes to cp/NEWS for ABI breaks
> 4) you update __GXX_ABI_VERSION
No; this patch is a bug fix, not an ABI change.
> 3) you add a testsuite entry
> 5) you run 'make check-abi' in libstdc++-v3 in addition to make-check
> 6) if 5 breaks update the libstdc++.so