This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ != http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: Brett Smith <brett at gnu dot org>, Ole Tange <tange at tange dot dk>,Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>, gcc at gnu dot org, webmaster at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:20:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ != http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/
- References: <20020828140418.GA979@gnu.org> <200208290019.RAA13042@atrus.synopsys.com>
On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 05:19:14PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> Brett Smith writes:
> > The gcc site came into its own before I started webmastering, so to be
> > completely honest with you, I'm not entirely sure what the setup currently
> > is. On the one hand, it's very obviously not mirrored, but on the other
> > hand, it's obviously not meant to be treated like the rest of the web site;
> > it's not in our CVS repository.
> > I will do some asking around and figure out how things currently work, and
> > see if we can't make for some more automatic arrangements. gcc folks: if I
> > just wanted to sync up the current version from gcc.gnu.org, would I need
> > to do anything beyond a recursive wget? (Or is there an even easier way to
> > do it?)
> I pointed Brett at Gerald Pfeifer, but his vacation message says he's away
> until Sept. 9th. Can anyone else who's familiar with how the gcc.gnu.org
> to www.gnu.org update is supposed to work help him out?
The only thing I can add is that the gnu.org site used to mirror
Binutils also, and has been broken for some time; requests to webmaster
got no answer.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer