Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ != http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 07:51:47PM +0200, Ole Tange wrote:
> Dear webmaster@gnu.org.
>
> If you have the ressources: Keep the mirror in sync
> If you do not have the ressources: Put a single link, that links to the
> original site.

The gcc site came into its own before I started webmastering, so to be
completely honest with you, I'm not entirely sure what the setup currently
is.  On the one hand, it's very obviously not mirrored, but on the other
hand, it's obviously not meant to be treated like the rest of the web site;
it's not in our CVS repository.

I will do some asking around and figure out how things currently work, and
see if we can't make for some more automatic arrangements.  gcc folks: if I
just wanted to sync up the current version from gcc.gnu.org, would I need
to do anything beyond a recursive wget?  (Or is there an even easier way to
do it?)

--
-- Brett Smith