This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ != http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: Ole Tange <tange at tange dot dk>
- Cc: gcc at gnu dot org, webmaster at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:39:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ != http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.33L2.email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 04:36:46PM +0200, Ole Tange wrote:
> It is a bit confusing that the sites http://gcc.gnu.org/ and
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/ look so much alike but they are not the
> same. Consider closing one of them.
One (which we do not run) is mirrored from the other (which we do).
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002