This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:44:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: attribute "unpadded"
What's the advantage *for users* in being able to emulate the C++ ABI in
There is probably little utility for users, but there is utility for tools,
and for other languages. For example, Ada people have talked about laying
out objects in a C++-compatible way so that objects could be passed back
and forth between the languages. People who generate C from their
object-oriented language compilers and want C++ interoperability also
would like to make use of this feature.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com