This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:17:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
- References: <10208212319.AA11387@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 07:19:11PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> For the second time: GNATS PRs 6016, 6160, 6552, 6573, 6584, 6661,
> 6669, 6696, 6767, 6816, 6851, 6852, 6853, 6872, 6879, 6931, 6942,
> 7209, and 7337.
> Now I did just succeed in building the GCC 3.3 source tree with Ada
> enabled (incl make gnatlib_and_tools), using C and Ada compilers from
> GCC 3.2. It is possible that some or all of these PRs have been
> All of these were due to using a non-working version of GNAT as the bootstrap
> source, as far as I know. Nobody who has started from a working version
> has had a problem.
In that case, it would be courteous to take ten minutes, annotate all
these bug reports with a request to try again with a "working version"
(however you define that this month) and set them all to feedback