This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: A FrontEnd in C++?
- From: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com>
- To: "Richard Kenner" <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>,<zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:26:27 +1000
- Subject: RE: A FrontEnd in C++?
This is not the case for PR 6942.
I built a working Ada compiler with 3.2, but the bootstrap now fails
with 3.3. I even identified the patch that broke it.
From: Richard Kenner [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, 22 August 2002 9:19
Subject: Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
For the second time: GNATS PRs 6016, 6160, 6552, 6573, 6584, 6661,
6669, 6696, 6767, 6816, 6851, 6852, 6853, 6872, 6879, 6931, 6942,
7209, and 7337.
Now I did just succeed in building the GCC 3.3 source tree with Ada
enabled (incl make gnatlib_and_tools), using C and Ada compilers from
GCC 3.2. It is possible that some or all of these PRs have been
All of these were due to using a non-working version of GNAT as the bootstrap
source, as far as I know. Nobody who has started from a working version
has had a problem.