This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: phil at jaj dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:16:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
- References: <20020821185319.6B7CAF28C9@nile.gnat.com>
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 02:53:19PM -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:
> > Now I don't feel so bad about giving up on getting Ada to work on my box.
> In fact lots of people have succeeded. The critical factor is to get
> a reasonably late distribution of GNAT, and use the Ada compiler you
> get to build the Ada part and the C compiler that comes with it to
> build the C part, and it will work fine. That's not just theory,
> that's what is reported back to us from lots of Ada folks.
For the second time: GNATS PRs 6016, 6160, 6552, 6573, 6584, 6661,
6669, 6696, 6767, 6816, 6851, 6852, 6853, 6872, 6879, 6931, 6942,
7209, and 7337.
Now I did just succeed in building the GCC 3.3 source tree with Ada
enabled (incl make gnatlib_and_tools), using C and Ada compilers from
GCC 3.2. It is possible that some or all of these PRs have been
fixed. However, the impression one gets flipping through GNATS is
that they have all been ignored.