This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: matz at suse dot de, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:54:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
> No. The intrinsic complexity burden I am talking about is exclusively
> a function of the number of different languages used in the source
> tree (ignoring runtime libraries). It doesn't matter which bits are
> written in which languages.
Mixed languages are reality in large applications these days. We deal with people
writing large (much much larger than gcc) applications in mixed languages
typically Ada C C++ and one of the great strengths of gcc is that it handles
this situation very smoothly.