Re: random_sample: where did it go?

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 11:40:11PM -0400, Igor Markov wrote:
>    What do I do, in general, when I don't see
>    my favorite function in
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/libstdc++-html-USERS-3.1/namespacemembers.html

Also look in namespaces.html.

>    For example, random_shuffle() is there, but random_sample() is not.
>
>    Another one: power()
>    Ok, I can guess, it's in <ext/numeric>  :)
>     but this makes things harder to figure out
>    and also requires lots of #if(GCC_VERSION)
>
>    Is there some way to avoid obfuscating source code
>    with detailed gcc version checks?

Don't depend on functions that aren't in the ISO Standard Library being
in namespace std.  As we find them, we move them to __gnu_cxx.

Also, be aware that not every function is listed in the URLs above, only
because we haven't had the time to get to all of them.  See todo.html for a
very small fraction of what's left to be done.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002