This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Successful Build, GCC 3.2, custom SMP Linux System
- From: "Scott Robert Ladd" <scott at coyotegulch dot com>
- To: "Janis Johnson" <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc List" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:49:19 -0400
- Subject: RE: Successful Build, GCC 3.2, custom SMP Linux System
> > I just successfully built and installed gcc 3.2 on my Sun Ultra 10
> > (UltraSPARC IIi, I believe), running Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r0.
> > Galileo:~/work/build/gcc-3.2# ./config.guess
> > sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu
> Thanks! Your messages are linked from the GCC 3.2 build status list at
> The second was is listed as sparc-unknown-linux-gnu; let me know if I
> got that wrong.
If I build without specifying a target, configure assumes
sparc-unknown-linux-gnu, and the make bootstrap fails with errors. To make
the build work, I need to specify sparc-debian-linux on the configure
command line; I assumed this was because Debian 3.0 is very new, and isn't
recognized by the configuration scripts.