This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- To: khalid aggag <khalidaggag at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:56:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: A FrontEnd in C++?
- References: <F152teU2V3uqFaYTTbM00003580@hotmail.com>
khalid aggag wrote:
Isnt this possible by having a C++ compiler already installed on the
system and enabling the C++ as a langauge to be built?
I've always felt that langauge front-ends shoudl not be child
directories of the main gcc directory, but sibling directories,
that would/could be built *after* the main gcc directory,
using the shared libbackend.a. But that would require a lot of
Makefile hacking, plus some design work.