Re: A FrontEnd in C++?

<<> Based on the number of problems we have encountered with the Ada front
> end compared to the others, I think that as a matter of project policy
> writing front ends in any language other than C should be discouraged.

I really don't see any major problems with Ada being written in Ada, we have
never had trouble building, and lots of people have built GNAT V5 from the
gcc sources successfully.

>>C is such a barbaric language for writing compilers

I have to agree with this. You really really need a language that supports
abstraction well for writing compilers.