This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: Noel Yap <yap_noel at yahoo dot com>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:45:14 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
--- Michael Matz <email@example.com> wrote:
> > From what I've heard on this thread, I was under
> the impression that
> > the talk is of improving the C++ front end, but
> not C.
> Simply look at the subject of this thread. The
> topic is faster
> compilation, no matter if C, C++ or whatever else.
If compilation speed is being tested purely on C++
code, it's possible that only C++ compilation speed
will be improved. How is compilation speed being
tested? How much investigation is being done on the
back end as compared to the front end?
I would really like to understand what's being done so
I apologize for these questions.
Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs