Re: Faster compilation speed

--- Michael Matz <matz@suse.de> wrote:
> > From what I've heard on this thread, I was under
> the impression that
> > the talk is of improving the C++ front end, but
> not C.
>
> Simply look at the subject of this thread.  The
> topic is faster
> compilation, no matter if C, C++ or whatever else.

If compilation speed is being tested purely on C++
code, it's possible that only C++ compilation speed
will be improved.  How is compilation speed being
tested?  How much investigation is being done on the
back end as compared to the front end?

I would really like to understand what's being done so
I apologize for these questions.

Thanks,
Noel