This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>,Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>,"Martin v. Loewis" <martin at v dot loewis dot de>,Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>,"gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:38:03 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > So what do we do? Personally I'm for fixing the bug.
> Blech. I don't like that we broke the C ABI, but I'm not sure I like
> breaking it again in the name of fixing it, some two years later.
Well, it was only broken in one released version of gcc, which isn't in
wide use yet (3.0.x). Redhat's 2.96 has it also, but ...
> I guess the fact that nobody noticed until now suggests that maybe
> the problem isn't very common, which makes either decision less
The more it should be fixed, then. Unless we want to cast that breakage