Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils

> Blech.  I don't like that we broke the C ABI, but I'm not sure I like
> breaking it again in the name of fixing it, some two years later.
>
> I guess the fact that nobody noticed until now suggests that maybe
> the problem isn't very common, which makes either decision less
> important.

This is perhaps why my testing builds occasionally fail when I start
by bootstrapping in a directory and then just do 'cd gcc ; make' after
changing something.  I knew it was a structure layout problem, because
one symptom was that warnings are treated as errors because GCC looks
at the wrong word in the structure when examining the error count.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> <geoffk@redhat.com>