This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 06 Aug 2002 15:12:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils
- References: <email@example.com>
Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Blech. I don't like that we broke the C ABI, but I'm not sure I like
> breaking it again in the name of fixing it, some two years later.
> I guess the fact that nobody noticed until now suggests that maybe
> the problem isn't very common, which makes either decision less
This is perhaps why my testing builds occasionally fail when I start
by bootstrapping in a directory and then just do 'cd gcc ; make' after
changing something. I knew it was a structure layout problem, because
one symptom was that warnings are treated as errors because GCC looks
at the wrong word in the structure when examining the error count.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>