This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.2 Prerelease
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com (David Edelsohn)
- Cc: hjl at lucon dot org (H. J. Lu), Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck),bkoz at nabi dot net (B. Kosnik), mark at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:14:16 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.2 Prerelease
> >>>>> H J Lu writes:
> HJ> I looked at the code. API for strstreambuf is different between 3.2 and
> HJ> 3.3.
> The strstream reversion patch is "queued" for 3.2.1.
It seems that this is the only issue that anyone has identified that
indicates a 3.2/3.3 ABI incompatibility (as opposed to a regression or
test issue). If so, maybe this patch should go into 3.2. (Mark, I know
you've already done a prerelease, sorry to reopen but since ABI stability
is a main goal it might be worth doing if this is the only one).