This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.2 Prerelease
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, "B. Kosnik" <bkoz at nabi dot net>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:27:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.2 Prerelease
--On Tuesday, August 06, 2002 02:14:16 PM -0700 Joe Buck
>>>>> H J Lu writes:
HJ> I looked at the code. API for strstreambuf is different between 3.2
and HJ> 3.3.
The strstream reversion patch is "queued" for 3.2.1.
It seems that this is the only issue that anyone has identified that
indicates a 3.2/3.3 ABI incompatibility (as opposed to a regression or
test issue). If so, maybe this patch should go into 3.2. (Mark, I know
you've already done a prerelease, sorry to reopen but since ABI stability
is a main goal it might be worth doing if this is the only one).
Benjamin, would you put this in please ASAP and let me know when it is
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com