This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: onlinedocs/gcc/Index.html and index.html clash
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Marek Michalkiewicz <marekm at amelek dot gda dot pl>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:08:24 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: onlinedocs/gcc/Index.html and index.html clash
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:
> trying to copy the HTML manual - http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/ -
> for someone to use on a non-networked win32 box, I noticed a problem:
> there are two different files named index.html and Index.html. While
> not a problem on a case-sensitive Unix filesystem, Windows filesystems
> are case-insensitive so one of these two files gets overwritten.
I investitaged, and noticed that index.html is the one which you "usually"
have on a webserver, while Index.html is the alphabetical document index.
> Would it be possible to rename Index.html (uppercase 'I') so it will
> not clash, and update all links to that file?
Joseph, do you seen any possibility? "Index.html" looks like a bad choice
to me, but propobably one needs to hack makeinfo or contact the authors to
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/