Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:36:35AM -0400, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-08/msg00252.html

Franz, I still don't see why the divide routines can't
stay in the GLIBC_2.0 version.  You say you saw "this"
in "the wild", but don't actually describe the failure
mode.

I don't like the patch much either.  I'm sure it would be
better to do it from the source level inside libgcc2.c.
Though it would still be a hack.

> See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-08/msg00293.html.

Jakub, this patch looks right.

> Maybe I misunderstood the thread about SSE types in June, but
> I understood this should succeed, shouldn't it:

Yes.

> This fails on mainline too.

Hum.  The patch I remember doesn't seem to have been written. :-(
As discussed on the thread, __m64 needs to be a vector type so
that the x86-64 calling conventions put it in the right set of
registers.  Which means a large repetitious patch to mmintrin.h.

r~