This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <starner at okstate dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:40:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: Fully support parallel gnat1/gnatbind builds
On Sat, 25 May 2002, Robert Dewar wrote:
> One interesting approach would be to have a mode in which GNAT generates
> ANSI C (or actually GNU C would be more reasonable). Then the C sources
> could be used to do a bootstrap. It would be otherwise valuable to have
> a C generating backend for Ada (to bring Ada to machines with a C but
> no Ada), so that would be an interesting project.
Sounds great. I suggest adding this to projects/beginner.html
(on second thought maybe not ;-) or start a projects/ada.html?