This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.2 bootstrap failure in libjava on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
- To: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 13:33:36 +1200
- Subject: Re: 3.2 bootstrap failure in libjava on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8
- References: <200205302043.g4UKh9m27652@banach.math.purdue.edu>
Brad Lucier wrote:
>OK, mainline still doesn't bootstrap today, and I decided to try to narrow
>down where the problem is, so I fired up gdb, but the program exited
>with an error status rather than actually segfaulting, so I couldn't see
>where it was failing.
So you ran gdb on jc1, as opposed to the driver (gcj), right?
You need to run the gcj command with "-v", and copy the jc1 command that
it runs into your gdb session.