Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example

After doing some more experiments, I am not sure I know just how weak
symbols correspond to the output of g++, though I'm sure this can be
chalked up to unfamiliarity with the tools.

The enclosed archive "template.tgz" minimally reproduces the problem we're
seeing with dlopen using a static data member of a C++ template.

I attempted to take C++ out of the picture in "weak.tgz" by using
__attribute__((weak)), but the assembler doesn't like what the compiler
outputs. DOes g++ add some additional attribute to the template static data
members to make the assembler happy?

Each archive contains a script build.sh which attempts to build and run the
example (well, "weak.tgz" doesn't attempt to run, since the build fails). I
am using GCC 3.1 installed in /usr/local, which explains why /usr/local/lib
appears in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the scripts.

Regards,
Dave