Re: Minimal GCC/Linux shared lib + EH bug example

Matt Austern writes:
> There are at least two interesting questions we might ask:
>   (1) what should a future version of the C++ standard say
>       about dynamic libraries?
>   (2) considering what the standard says right now, and
>       recognizing that we're talking about behavior outside
>       the scope of the standard, what behavior for gcc would
>       best serve users on a linux/ELF platform?

There's a hybrid question as well, since both C++ and ELF have standards.
C++ has the one-definition rule, which is contradicted by the way weak
symbols work in ELF, so we have a tension between two standards.
So:

	what should a future version of the ELF standard say
	about C++ dynamic libraries?

as it seems that any compiler targeting an OS that supports ELF
should provide the same semantics.