Re: GCC mainline snapshots

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 05:55:21PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, David O'Brien wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any place to find mainline snapshots?
>
> Apparently not; that is, we should consider providing mainline snapshots
> to gcc.gnu.org after the box has been updated. (And, actually, we could do
> that even now, provided that we only offer the most current snapshot --
> would that help?)

Maybe.  Is it a disk space or bandwidth issue.
There is a lot in gcc/snapshots that could be rm'ed to get more space:

    * snapshots dating back to November and December 2001
    * snapshots dating back to January 2002
    * pre-release snapshots for 3.0.3.
    * pre-release snapshots for 3.0.4.

Also:

    * binutils 2.11 pre-prelease snapshots
    * binutils 2.12 pre-prelease snapshots
    * glibc snapshots dating back to 2000
    * gnats snapshots dating back to 1997,8,9
    * xconq snapshots dating back to 1999
    * automake snapshots (I think the lettered versions are snapshots)

that would give enough space for say 3 mainline snapshots.  Three would
be a better number -- sometimes the snapshots break on a loved platform,
plus the lag time in noticing a new snapshot and in my case, moving the
FreeBSD port to using it.