Re: rs6000 3.1 Ada bootstrap problem

>>>>> Michal Moskal writes:

Michal> As pointed by Arkadiusz Miskiewicz in
Michal> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-03/msg00518.html,
Michal> during bootstrap of 3.1 snapshot, on powerpc-linux, compilation of
Michal> `gnatpsta' fails with undefined reference to
Michal> rs6000_long_double_type_size. It does so beacuse LONG_DOBLE_TYPE_SIZE
Michal> is defined to be rs6000_long_double_type_size (that can be changed
Michal> with -flong-double-size- switch), and targtypes.c uses
Michal> LONG_DOUBLE_TYPE_SIZE for Standard.Long_Long_Float'Size.

Michal> Now, I guess there is need to fix this value somehow. However I don't
Michal> know if it would be better to fix it down or up? I have no Ada
Michal> expirence, so I really don't know. Any advice?

	The problem is that targtypes.c includes "config.h" and defines
IN_GCC, which includes machine description header files, but does not link
against libbackend.a, or at least $(out_object_file) as it is called in
gcc/Makefile.in.

	gnatpsta is referencing symbols which reasonably can come from
that source, but does not link against it.  I do not know how the Ada
developers want to address this problem.

David