Re: stabs at function entry point?

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 02:07 PM, John Levon wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 01:58:02PM -0800, Dale Johannesen wrote:
>
>> Yes, that is what happens now.  As a result, when you set a breakpoint
>> on a function, gdb (ours, anyway) stops at the first insn rather than
>> after the prologue, which means the parameters and stack traceback
>> don't show correctly.  Are you implying this should be fixed in gdb?
>> That was my first impression, but Jim convincingly argued otherwise.
>
> there are other users of debug entries than gdb ...

There are indeed, which was one thing I asked about in my first mail.
"Correct" behavior in these cases can only be defined by considering
both gcc and whichever debug-info readers we deem worth of support.
Do you have some data about other readers?  We're only talking about
stab-style debug info, remember.