Re: stabs at function entry point?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 01:58:02PM -0800, Dale Johannesen wrote:
> Are you implying this should be fixed in gdb?
> That was my first impression, but Jim convincingly argued otherwise.

I suspect that at various points either gdb or gcc has had differing
ideas about what to do here, and the other "fixed" to work with the
other, and thus there is no "correct" setting that works any gcc or
any gdb.

Ask the gdb folk to make an executive decision (they're the ones that
have to do something useful with this info after all).  We'll make sure
that gcc does whatever they decide and call it good.  Older toolchains
that did something else will simply be SOL.

As far as my opinion goes, Geoff's point about what line number to
display for "b *foo" is compelling, but I don't care too much either way.

r~