Re: GCC to open the C++ demangle API?

[*] to the displeasure of Robert Corbett, the Byacc author.

How ironic. Robert Corbett deliberately chooses a license whose whole
purpose is to abrogate any control over deriviative works, and then
is displeased when someone creates a deriviative work in accordance
with that license.

You can't have it both ways, either you decide to relinquish control over
deriviative works, in which case you can't complain about what people do,
or you write a license that makes sure that people do not do displeasing
things :-)

To me, BSD is designed to result in code forks, which is not so terrible,
but if you think it is terrible, you should choose a license that prevents
such forks, or at least discourages them.

Yes, yes, I know, this is off topic, I apologize, but it seems like this
needs to be said. After all if Microsoft had taken Byacc, you would be
even less likely to be able to take their additions and changes.