gcc installation

GCC Team,

I'm not sure if you answer these types of question via e-mail, but here it
goes anyhow; I just installed Mandrake Linux on my computer. It has GCC on
it now but I need to update it. I downloaded and uncompressed
gcc-g++2.95.2.tar.gz, but I have no idea how to update the existing gcc with
these files. If you could just give me a set of instructions to a newbie it
would really be a great help! Thanks,

Justin R. Gortner of Virginia Tech