This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remaining host configuration fragments
- From: "Eric Christopher" <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:15:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: Remaining host configuration fragments
- Newsgroups: cygnus.egcs
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <email@example.com>
> In contrast with some other folks, I would even be willing to say
> something like this: "Even though we know there are people out there who
> still use Irix 5, we are dropping support for it in GCC 3.1. You can
> still use GCC 3.0 (or earlier) there, of course."
Speaking of which - what do you think would be a good way of announcing
this sort of thing? I've got a load of old obsolete platforms in mips and
I'd like to lose all of them :)
I'm to the point of keeping irix6+, linux, and the embeddeds if no one
can come up with a good reason. (I think this gets me elf only too...)
I will not use abbrev.