This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] i386.c string alignment - no alignment for < 32 bytes, else to 32 bytes
- From: "Schirmer, Hartmut" <SchirmerH at Innovative-Systems dot de>
- To: "'john at feith dot com'" <john at feith dot com>, "'jbuck at synopsys dot com'" <jbuck at synopsys dot com>, "'cbsears_sf at yahoo dot com'" <cbsears_sf at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: "'gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:58:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] i386.c string alignment - no alignment for < 32 bytes, else to 32 bytes
> > > > -Os says to favor space for time.
> > >
> > > -Os doesn't affect this. [ string alignment ]
> > This has been mentioned before and I believe it to be a bug.
> A clean patch for this particular issue would be useful if it
> still exists.
I did a patch for SH some time ago, see
May fix at least part of the problem.