Re: GCC 3.0.2 and BSD Make

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:
> Perhaps someone could write up a how-to on obtaining a non-gnu make
> that works under Linux, is reasonable, yet avoids being
> gnu-compatible?

If anyone likes, I will happily supply a BSD make package that's been
autoconf'ed. There is such a beast already, and it builds and runs
beautifully on Linux. (I personally prefer to use it to gnu make when
I have to use Linux -- once you've had for loops and such in your make
files you never want to go back. Someone should put the features into
gnu make for the benefit of the world's Linux hackers some day.)

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com