Re: Suggestion for option

> Huh?  as soon as you see the first error, you can start the editor to
> look at the editor.  Nobody forces you to wait till the compilation
> is finished.

Your hapless computer does not go on to the next file and start compiling
that while it is sitting there waiting for this one to finish.  And
yes, I have seen GCC spend half an hour optimizing a file that it issued
an error message about.  And if you can use parallel make, which you can't
always, your messages come out interleaved.  And if you are on a machine
where CPU cycles are precious (yes, such machines exist, I routinely
compile on large multi-user systems), you are wasting them.