GCC 3.0 and KDE 2

>From http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog2_1to2_2.html:

   Note: gcc 3.0 is not recommended for compilation of KDE 2.2. There are
   several known miscompilations of production C++ code with this
   compiler, like i.e. virtual inheritance which is used for example in
   arts. We know that you will experience a lot of runtime difficulties
   when you compile with gcc 3.0, so using this particular compiler
   version is at your own risk, and please do not report bugs to us if
   you use this compiler. The problems are mostly known and we're working
   with the gcc team to get them fixed.

Probably I've missed that, but is this really known (and worked on)??

That might be a useful thing to address for GCC 3.0.1.

Gerald