Re: Native Language Support

> > So if someone here would send an updated gcc.pot (perhaps also making
> > sure that new strings have been marked and extracted for translation)
> > to the translation project, I know a bunch of guys that would be very
> > grateful.
>
> First we need someone to review and apply

> and hopefully a corresponding branch patch.  The C front end patch is OK
> for the mainline, but I'm not qualified to review the exgettext patch or
> say whether this is OK for the branch.

OK.

> Then we should work out whether we are working via the GNU Translation
> Project for all languages or not - and if not for all languages, how to
> ensure that we don't get duplication of effort on the Swedish
> translation.

The translation project was dead for nearly half a year or so IIRC,
but has now been resurrected with more maintainers. The previous one
was simply snowed under with work I think. I don't know whether that's
the reason the Swedish translation hasn't been through the project. In
any case I'd suggest working through the translation project for all
languages for the sake of simplicity.

I'm really glad to hear that people are working on the localization
part. Thanks!

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/