Re: Native Language Support

On 25 Jun 2001, Ole Laursen wrote:

> The .pot file (which contains untranslated strings) for GCC in the GNU
> Translation Project hasn't been updated for a year. Now that a bugfix
> release of GCC is planned, it would be a shame not to have updated
> translations included with it.
>
> So if someone here would send an updated gcc.pot (perhaps also making
> sure that new strings have been marked and extracted for translation)
> to the translation project, I know a bunch of guys that would be very
> grateful.

First we need someone to review and apply

and hopefully a corresponding branch patch.  The C front end patch is OK
for the mainline, but I'm not qualified to review the exgettext patch or
say whether this is OK for the branch.

Then we should work out whether we are working via the GNU Translation
Project for all languages or not - and if not for all languages, how to
ensure that we don't get duplication of effort on the Swedish translation.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk